Nov 21, 2009

Creme Fraiche and Creme Fraiche Biscuits

I just remembered I need to make my creme fraiche now so it is ready in time for Thanksgiving. I am going to be using it to make these really good biscuits.
I love creme fraiche, it's something I try to have on hand. It's great with potatoes, with fish or chicken, in salad dressing, as a base for dip, with vegetables, as a finishing touch for soups, sweetened and served with fruit... you can almost always use it in place of sour cream. It adds a nice subtle tanginess. Oh and it is ridiculously easy to make.


Creme Fraiche
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons buttermilk

In a glass jar, add cream and butter cream. close jar and shake gently to combine. Let it sit in a warm spot for 12 - 24 hours. It should be thicker than cream, thinner than sour cream. Refrigerate until needed.

It will get thicker and more delicious as it sits. I try to make it 3 days before I'll be using it. I've heard it will keep for 2 weeks or more but I've never had any around that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment