Mar 10, 2010

Avocado and Grapefruit

Is it me or has this winter seemed never ending? I feel like I've been under a snow blanket for entirely too long. Until spring foods are here again, I turn to the bright flavors of citrus.
This is a fantastic, fresh, quick salad that requires no actual cooking.
It's one of my go to recipes when life keeps me out of the kitchen.



Avocado and Grapefruit
2 servings

2 red grapefruit
1 avocado, thinly sliced (I use Hass avocado)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
sea salt to taste

Remove the grapefruit segments (see below) from the pith, making sure to remove all of the white.
Place the grapefruit, avocado and onion onto a plate. Squeeze the grapefruit membrane over them, then top with cilantro and sprinkle with salt to taste.

click here to print this recipe


To remove the grapefruit segments use a pairing knife or other small sharp knife

Cut the top and bottom of the skin off exposing the flesh, then cut off all remaining skin making sure to remove all of the white.








Cut the segments out by slicing along each side of the white membrane.





















1 comment:

  1. I love the pictorial that goes with the recipe! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete